The American Traditions Vocal Competition (ATC) announced the top five artists selected by the judges to advance to tonight’s final round of the competition. Earlier this week there were performances by celebrity judges Ricky Ian Gordon, Morgan James, and Lynette Hawkins Stephens.
The semifinalists each performed three songs from nine different music styles – such as Opera, Musical Theatre, Hollywood, Jazz, Folk, Country, Pop/Rock Singer-Songwriters (1980-today), Art Song, Gospel, Songs of Johnny Mercer, Blues, Religious Music, Popular Music of 1950-1980, Great American Songbook, and Cabaret. Five contestants moved onto the final round:
- Erica Everett, Soprano
- Brandon Michael Nase, Baritone
- Rebecca Odorisio, Mezzo-Soprano
- Rachel Policar, Soprano
- Michael Preacely, Baritone
These contestants have brought a tremendous amount of talent to the ATC stage this year for our 25th anniversary and we can’t wait to hear these artists during the finals. We look forward to hearing these talented singers continue to demonstrate their abilities not only during the remainder of this competition, but for the rest of their musical careers as well! – ATC Board President Danny Cohen
Tonight’s finalist will earn one of the following prizes:
- $12,000 Gold Medal, and a professional solo engagement with the Savannah Philharmonic Orchestra, sponsored by Elizabeth Oxnard
- $6,000 Silver Medal, sponsored by Patty and Heyward Gignilliat
- $3,000 Bronze Medal, sponsored by Enmarket Stations, Inc.
- $1,200 Fourth Prize, sponsored by Ron and Susan Whitaker
- $1,200 Fifth Prize, sponsored by Savannah Friends of Music
Also performing tonight will be the 2017 ATC Gold Medalist Julie Benko, Quarterfinal Round People’s Choice Winner Nat Zegree and the yet to be announced People’s Choice Winner from the Semifinal Round!
The finals will be held at the Historic Savannah Theatre, in downtown Savannah. General seating tickets to the finals cost $35 each with premium seating tickets available for $50 each and can be purchased by visiting the ATC Website.
To learn more about the ATC – a nonprofit arts organization seeking to celebrate and preserve all styles of classic American music please visit www.americantraditionscompetition.com.